Sonlight Curriculum

Monday, September 10, 2007

Stability or Faith?

You want to know one of my weaknesses? I like to watch The View. It's one of my indulgences in the day. I make Abigail's lunch while she watches Sesame Street and she eats lunch when I watch The View (or some of it anyway).

My husband will occasionally harass me about the members on the panel or the topics discussed and I will be the first to admit I can't justify a lot of it. However, it's nice to feel like I am a part of some adult conversation during the day and you can't hide from how pathetic our world is sometimes.

Anyway, that's not my point. My point is that today I heard a good quote. I'm an optimist for the most part and I like to pick out the bits of good. And my take home point today was a quote from their new panel member, Sherri. My paraphrased version is, "If life were all about stability than we wouldn't need faith."

Isn't it true that we can often be easily tempted to feel self-sufficient when are day is going smoothly; almost as if we have things under control? But all it takes is just one thing to go wrong and we are quickly reminded of how imperfect we are and our ever present need of a perfect Savior.

I hope today that you, like me, will be less tempted to get frustrated at the instability in your life and instead will be reminded to have faith in a loving God who knows and loves you.

(As a side note, I typed this with one hand while holding my 2 1/2 month old with the other...talk about instability!)

"But without faith it is impossible to please him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
(Hebrews 11:6)

1 comment:

  1. Instability can certainly feel threatening without the perspective you just shared. Thanks!

    (PS--We all have our guilty pleasures. My is the "Amazing Race." I can't wait for the next season to start!!)

    ReplyDelete