Sonlight Curriculum

Friday, March 23, 2007

Go Figure

So, as I wrote yesterday, I planned to take Abigail to the park and enjoy a sunny and beautiful day. Less than a quarter mile down the road, I heard a whimper in the back seat and looked in the rear view to see Abigail's lunch come up and out all over her and the car seat. I tried to salvage the day by cleaning her and the car seat up and progressing to the park since she seemed fine otherwise. She threw up again...and then again about every 15 min. the rest of the evening.

We think she's contracted rota virus from her swimming lesson. Daddy came home early to help care for her and we're both home today trying to mend her back to health and avoiding a trip to the ER for IV fluids. It's times like these that I am so thankful to God for blessing us with such an amazing Pediatrician. She is absolutely wonderful. I called her cell last night and this morning and when I hesitated to call her again today when Abigail couldn't tolerate the pedialyte she was calling me to check on her! We are grateful. It touches your heart to see people care about the needs of your vulnerable child.

Even passing viruses like this are enough to send me to my knees and thank the Lord for the blessing of our child and her usual good health. We are blessed beyond measure and it just takes a moment like these to remind us of how much he's protecting us from. He has a plan for each of our lives, young and old, and we never know when that plan may lead us on a road that calls us home. I am grateful to celebrate my life and the lives of all those I love every day.

I'm going to go charge my camera to get a picture of Abigail taking her nap. Even sick she is amazingly adorable to her Mommy. I don't want to forget a single moment of her life.

Have a great & hopefully healthy day and take the time to hug those you love!

3 comments:

  1. What a Fabulous pediatrician. I hope Abigail is well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! I hate the "urpy glurpies" as we call them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My heart breaks for you today. So exhausting isn't it and so sad when your pumpkins get sick. My girls just had the flu, pink eye and bronchial stuff all ina 3 week period. What would we do without pediatricians and GOD! Hang in there!

    Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete