Sonlight Curriculum

Thursday, February 28, 2013

On My Bookshelf, etc.

I love to read. I love books. And often times I find myself reading more books at the same time than I can count. Anyone else like this? I'm not complaining and here's why...
On my bookshelf, by my bed, on the coffee table, in my purse, on my kindle, and in the car at random times are these precious gems. Thank you authors! These are my breaks from the monotony of motherhood, aka, "naptime." I hope to make a reading list soon and add these to my, "store" where I put the books I've read that I feel are worth recommending to my friends.

1.Talk about encouragement! A good read for every Mother and especially for those of us with littles.


2. Reminding me to hold my tongue and that I'm not the only one having a hard time!  



3. Yes, I have at least one of these and am thankful for any advice I can get.


4. Preparing for the birds and the bees talk one day and my oldest is only seven. You can never be too prepared, right? I  have been so impressed with this book and recommend it to anyone else thinking through how to introduce these talks with their children.


5. And this one is just for kicks. My husband left it out in one of the places mentioned above and I have adapted it as my own. So interesting for anyone curious about why we form the opinions we have of others so quickly from a psychological perspective. Oh, just read the description on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment