Sonlight Curriculum

Monday, March 8, 2010

Are You Invisible?

I've talked with several Mother's recently about the "busy season" of Motherhood. There's so much to do! Sometimes we get so busy that we may fall prey to numerous temptations. Feeling sorry for ourselves, forgetting to take time for ourselves, forgetting our motivation for doing all the things we do as wives and Mothers.

I recently encountered a person who thought the sacrificing I am doing for my family and our traditional ways may be a problem. She expressed concern that I could fall into "losing myself" by not taking time for myself by shopping alone, pampering myself and getting away as much as she does as a single mother. Right now those are luxuries that I think are wonderful but are not always practical on a regular basis. I have priorities and they outrank some of the luxuries I enjoyed before having a family or at least their frequency. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a time and place for every woman to be pampered. Let's just remember our priorities and why we do what we do. We may feel invisible at times, but it will all be worth it as it blesses our family and glorifies our God.

For those of you who can relate, you may benefit from the this short video as much as I did.Thank you to my friend who shared it with me after the encounter I mentioned.

Keep up the good work you are doing in the lives of those in your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment