Sonlight Curriculum

Friday, September 25, 2009

Thankfulness in the Midst of Suffering


Today is one of the saddest days. A family in our church are experiencing devastating loss as they mourn the death of their 3 month old son. Our family attended the visitation today and I am left numb with grief for this sweet baby's parents, family and friends. I am also thankful though.

I am thankful that they are believers in God. I am thankful that God is our comforter. I am thankful for every day they had with their sweet son. I
am thankful for scripture that reassures us that we will be strengthened by God in the midst of our suffering. We truly can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Nothing removes the sadness of today, but God offers us hope. Hug your sweet ones today and remember you can never tell them you love them too much. I find peace in knowing not that we are promised a lifetime with our loved ones, but that the gift of their life in our lives is a blessing each day it is given. We are not to take life for granted, knowing all life on earth is temporary. Thank you God for the promise of eternal life through your son Jesus Christ. Thank you for loving us in our suffering and being our comforter.

Rest in peace Baby Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment