Sonlight Curriculum

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Being Christian, What Does It Mean in Everyday Life?

Struggling a bit today. I am frustrated with some loved ones in my life. They have said hurtful things about my family and been the source of much tension in our home. I love them, but
I'm angry too. Now they want to come visit. I don't feel ready or prepared.

As a Christian in circumstances like these I'm often left struggling as to how I should act. I know I need to forgive and show grace. But what if they aren't seeking either of these from me? What then? Do I pretend nothing is wrong and turn the other cheek?

Lord, please lead, guide and direct me as I face the earthly challenges of conflict with loved ones. My prayer is for resolution and healthy relationships. Thanks for walking beside me and showing me your ways.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) As far as the counter thing I have on it I got it at http://www.neoworx.net. You can get a free trial of one to see if you like it.

    I am so sorry you are struggling with those issues right now...I am going through some similar things and it has been a struggle for over three years now. Sometimes as a Christian we just assume we should always do what is right but we are only human and it is normal for us to struggle. Prayer is the one thing that has helped me the most. I will pray for you today :)
    Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete