Sonlight Curriculum

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Staying Motivated in the Home

As my due date gets closer for the birth of my second child, a son, I find peace in preparation. Yesterday we were able to order some items for the baby's room and the more prepared we become the more the reality sets in that our little boy will be here soon.

Now if I can just put this preparation into practice in the every day details! I have a kitchen to clean and a house that needs put in order and most particularly, a darling toddler who enjoys providing me with every distraction she can that prevents me from accomplishing all that I have in mind. I wouldn't trade this life for the world though and I often remind myself of this.

God, please give me strength for the day. My true peace is from you and in the blessings you pour down. Keep me focused on the tasks at hand and prevent me from falling into the trap of idleness or laziness. May I be a loving Mother and wife and may that be reflected in the way I live each day.

Let's set goals today for this week and see where we are by Friday. Mine will begin with cleaning out the baby's room which is currently a slowly clearing office. Have a great and productive day! If you need some more advice in the cleaning and organizing department check out my link to flylady.com if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment