Sonlight Curriculum

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Reading Retention

I love to read. I especially love to read books that I feel will have a positive impact on my everyday life. I have some great books since becoming a parent and a homeschooling Mother that have given me so much encouragement along the way. My only regret is that I can't retain all of the jewels I've read along the way. So in an attempt to spark some recall I am going to attempt what so many bloggers do and share my reading list. It may take a while before I include a summary, but here is what's been on my shelf this summer. What book has had a positive impact on you recently?

I picked this up at the WV Homeschool Conference. It was an unexpected surprise as I intended it to just be a gift for a friend, but once I got started taking  a look at it, I just couldn't put it down. It made so much sense to me and I hope to incorporate some more of these principles in our home school.


The book below has been a God send. I have been tested this summer with an increase number of disciplines with my children. Testing boundaries, whining, and not obeying immediately to name just a few of the issues we've had to address. Enter "Don't Make Me Count to Three."

Don't Make Me Count to Three!   -     
        By: Ginger Plowman
 What a blessing this book has been as Ginger Plowman applies the biblical parenting principles of Shepherding a Child's Heart to the daily scenarios of discipline in the home. Filled with applicable bible verses and examples, I am happy to add this gem to my collection of books that I will read and reference more than once.

I always try to read one book just for encouragement in my role as a wife and homeschooling Mom. This year's pick was, "A Mom Just Like You." Another rewarding read that got the job done well. Vicki Farris in an inspiration. She's a humble and encouraging role model. Each of these books are easily on my recommended reading list. Check them out for yourself!
A Mom Just Like You

No comments:

Post a Comment