Sonlight Curriculum

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I love West Virginia. I enjoy bragging about this special place I call home. My husband and I are proud of the remarkable people who have come from our beloved state and often reflect on them as we tell others of the many reasons to love these mountains. Maybe that's why I was so excited to learn more about Cynthia Rylant today. I've always wanted to be a writer. If I wasn't busy raising my children and homeschooling, I would be tempted to run out, (or visit Amazon), buy and read everything she's ever written. That's how inspired I was from reading her biography that I found here: Cynthia Rylant (1954-) Biography - Personal, Addresses, Career, Honors Awards, Writings, Adaptations, Sidelights
Thank you Jessica for introducing me to her work today while recommending your favorite children's books at the used curriculum book sale. Very much appreciated! Just wanted to pass it along to the rest of you who may not have know another one of West Virginia's best (not-so) kept secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment