Sonlight Curriculum

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wants

I've got it bad. I haven't had it for a long time and here it is...the "wants."

Have you ever just wanted something so much that you felt you needed it? I'm talking about the materialistic things we don't need at all, but would really enjoy and feel they would be the answer to all our cravings. They can be cars, vacations, jewlery or any number of things. My "want" is a camera.

Now I already have a camera, but I want the bigger and better one. I don't even crave the most expensive one, but the really nice, just-for-me kind. It's still expensive though and I can't justify it completely...although I am trying really hard. I have a brand new baby boy and the sweetest little 2 year old daughter and I don't want to miss capturing their youth in photographs.

It takes a while to put things in perspective when you have a bad case of the "wants," as I call them. The tactic that helps me the most is to stop my wanting from turning into complaining about what I don't have and turning it into counting what I already do have. We are all blessed by God in some way. Most of us are blessed in more ways than we can count, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Take a moment to be thankful for all you have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment